Coronavirus National Booking Service (NBS) now open to 16 and 17 year olds and Booster information
The National Booking Service (NBS) for Coronavirus vacciantions is now open to 16 and 17 year olds.
It's really easy to get your Coronavirus vaccination, and you don't need to be registered with a GP or know your NHS number:
- Over 16s can book via the National Booking System at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/nhs.uk/coronavirus.
- Or anyone over 16 can visit a walk-in site - no appointment needed. There are drop-ins at Bedford Heights on Manton Lane, and at local pharmacies - https://www.blmkccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/drop-in-covid-19-vaccination-sessions-available/.
The more people who get vaccinated, the less likely it is that we will have another lockdown. It's also the best way to make sure you can get back to doing the things you enjoy.
People who are most vulnerable to Coronavirus are also being invited to book an appointment for their free booster vaccine.
Those eligible include:
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- people who live and work in care homes
- frontline health and social care workers
- people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- carers aged 16 and over
- people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections
Please wait until you are invited, the NHS will let you know when it's your turn to book a booster dose. You cannot attend a drop in for your booster.
For more information visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-booster-vaccine/
A free taxi service is also available to take people to and from the Bedford Borough Coronavirus vaccination sites.