About Dave Hodgson
Dave Hodgson's family moved to Bedford when Dave was 9 years old. His father was a local Headteacher at Westfield School and Mark Rutherford School and also served as a senior steward at Putnoe Heights Church.
Dave has lived in Bedford for thirty years. He is married to Christine and they live in Kathie Road, Bedford.
Dave has had a varied career including lecturing and running his own business.
Prior to becoming Mayor he campaigned successfully against Post Office closures, to stop development on allotment sites and for investment in repairs to our roads and paths. As Mayor he continues to campaign for local residents on the issues that matter, fighting successfully to save Bedfordshire Police Force and continuing the campaign to stop the giant incinerator planned for Rookery Pit near Stewartby.
In his spare moments, Dave enjoys keeping his garden under control, watching football and the odd round of golf.
- Dave Hodgson's family moved to Bedford when Dave was 9 years old. He attended Brickhill Junior School, Park Wood (now Beauchamp) and Mark Rutherford Schools.
- Dave has lived in Bedford for thirty years.
- Dave worked at Charles Wells Brewery in Queens Park as a summer job and his first job after graduating was with Prime Computing in Bedford town centre.
- He has lived in various parts of Bedford town both north and south and lived for several years in one of the villages. He now lives with his wife in Kathie Road in Kingsbrook ward.
- Dave has had a varied career including university lecturing and running his own business supplying secretarial services.
- He has a degree in Computing and Business.
- Dave represented Kingsbrook ward 2002 until his election as Mayor in October 2009.
- Dave was leader of the Liberal Democrat Council Group when, for the first time, it became the largest group on the Council in June 2009.
- Dave worked with Frank Branston on his Cabinet, serving as Cabinet Member for Partnerships & IT.
- His father was a local Headteacher at Westfield School and Mark Rutherford School and also served as a senior steward at Putnoe Heights Church.